6/18/2007

The Helpful Bitch

I laid in bed screaming and crying. I never knew that I could scream and sob so loudly due to intense emotions. My body still thought I was pregnant, and I was an emotional mess. Since no friends knew that I was pregnant, I had no one to talk with. My best friend, my lover, my partner had abandoned me.

Then she showed up. Just waltzed into the house, expressed condolences, and started to clean. She needed to clean, because when she moved out she left the place filthy. I was very thankful for her to clean my sheets and mattress pad from the evidence of my miscarriage earlier that day. Despite her being helpful, she let me know that she wants payment for her part of the house and it was going to be much more than I thought. Nice. Really nice.

She also let me know in her venomous voice that she only took what was rightfully hers, or things that she thought she was entitled to have. Interesting that things we bought together (with my money!) were no longer in "our" home. It was no longer a home, but just a place to live. So, I lay there in bed wearing my adult diapers, having a deflated stomach, and hysterically crying over her hurtful attitude and words. I asked her how she could be that cruel to me when I just had a miscarriage a few hours prior. I never received an answer.

The next day was a repeat with her being even meaner to me. Apparently, I violated some unknown rule when I watched her mowing the lawn. I was once again reminded of things that I would owe her, and that I would have to pay her a substantial amount of money. She was telling me this as she unscrewed artwork from the wall. Crying, I asked her if she could possibly wait and just leave me alone since my miscarriage was they day before. Was I really in a relationship with this person for 11 years? I've never needed her more, but she wasn't there for me. It wasn't like I did something to her to make her leave me. How could she hate me this much? How could she just leave me crying and sobbing. Just 4 months prior, we were looking at purchasing a new home together. What the hell happened?

It was like a light switch had been switched off. She just ended our relationship without trying to save it.

No comments: