8/19/2007

Slacker on All Accounts

It doesn't seem like I am much of a blogger. It has been a long time and lots of stuff has happened.

Tooth - First of all, I am much better (if you care). It is only a month later and I am no longer miserable. I look like I live in hills of Kentucky because my top, front tooth is missing but I am happy to not be in pain. I have a $300 retainer that I am not wearing. I carry it around where ever I go so that I know I can "put-in" my tooth if needed. After 1 month, I have worn my retainer for 40 minutes ($7.40/min) - I could wear it more to justify the expense, but it isn't the most comfortable thing. Also, my gums need air to heal - right?

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

My endodontist tells me that things look really good. He must mean my gums because he took no x-rays. If things continue to look "good", I will get an x-ray that will, hopefully, lead to a temporary crown. This temp will be screwed to the screw in my jaw bone that pokes out through my gum. Problem - I can't have an x-ray at his convenience since I have stuff going on.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket



Pokey Stuff - I have made the IVF cycle official by stabbing myself with needles. Let me back up to give a summary
  1. I stopped BCP (birth control pills don't you know) on 8/14
  2. My u/s showed no cysts. This is good. I didn't cry. I guess that is good.
  3. I had to give blood, but didn't know that I would be visiting the blood draw room. My favorite tech was there and asked how I was. I responded with "Well, I'm back" and a not too happy look on my face. I know that she was dying to know what happened. I told her about MTHFR (hmm, I haven't posted on that yet, but I will save that for another post), and the usual "I don't know". It was sad to be back there.
  4. I told the tech that I didn't know I was going to give blood, so I didn't drink enough water. I was chided for not drinking water all of the time. It seems that I should always drink the clear elixir - imagine that.
  5. I meet with the billing department. Over $7,000 then another over $7,000 then something about $430. Oh, let's not forget the $750 that I just paid for another round of STD tests. It seems that my last tests that were 6 months ago had expired. During the 6 months, I was going through IVF cycles and whoring around town, was pregnant for 3 months, got unpregnant, got depressed and whored around, and got dumped, so I am a live alone whore. I guess it was the whore part that made me a high risk so I had to go through another round of tests.
  6. Got a call from the credit card company to check on these outrageous charges. I was also queried on a 41 cents charge at Walmart. Yes, I had 2 photos (1 hr pickup) made for my miscarriage support group - I had to bring something to remembrance night. There's my belly at 12 weeks, there's my big belly at the water fall - there's a smile on my face (what is that?).
  7. I am positive (not for STDs). Lets get on with making a baby, not about losing a baby.
  8. I started my Lupron shots on 4/17. I started to forget what I needed to do so I had to review. My first 3 shots were great - I felt nothing. My 4th shot caused some pain. This morning's shot wasn't that great either. What happened?
  9. I screwed up my Menopur shot this morning. I haven't done Menopur since November 2006. Back when I had a honey and hope and being naive. I put the entire 2 cc sterile water in the syringe and shot the whole thing into my belly. I realize that it was supposed to be 1 cc. I'm not too worried because I think that the only affect will be bruising.
  10. I'm not getting enough sleep
I started to eat like a pig, yesterday. I was down to 135 pounds (lower than my pre-IVF weight). I think the food thing had to do with my period (which also started, yesterday). Or, maybe it is the injections, or maybe the steroids wanting to turn me into a large, burly woman.

Back to the x-ray. I can only have an x-ray after the ER but before the ET. There.

No comments: