8/31/2007

Egg Retrieval

Waking up at 4:30 am was not fun. I really don't like to wake up and drive in the darkness (it is supposed to be light in the morning). I got to the doc's office 10 minutes early, but had to stand in the hallway for 20 minutes (it was even too early for the nurses). I was told that there was a full day of ERs, so it might have been good that I was the first.

Since I drank tons of water before my cut-off point, I was well hydrated and the IV did not hurt at all. In addition, there was a problem with the compressor and the room was very comfortable (ususally, I am extremely chilled). I love being rolled into the hallway and then waking up from a very comfortable nap. I slept for over 1 hour in the recovery room.

I am a little upset that my regular RE did not perform the ER. I had the latest hire, and he only got 5 eggs out of me. How could there be less eggs than my u/s? In the past, I always had MORE eggs. I wonder if my RE would have had the same results.

I am sure that my 5 eggs are really high quality. Let's chant

    Quality, not quantity

Repeat 5,000 times.

No comments: