9/01/2007

Fertilization Report

Here is the scoop from the embroyologist:

    • 5 eggs retrieved (that I knew)
    • 4 eggs were mature
    • ICSI done on the 4 mature eggs
    • 4 eggs fertilized

I am dissapointed that I had so few eggs. I said something to the embroyologist, and he pulled my stats to announce what I had at my LAST IVF:

15 eggs, 9 fertilized, 5 trasnferred - and I know that I got pregnant for 3 months.

If my egg quality is like the other times, I will lose 50% of the eggs by the time of the transfer. It scares me that I may only have 1 or 2 eggs to transfer. How could the RE think this cycle is just like the rest? Unless he knows something about the quality of this round. Maybe, maybe the quality is more? I never had all eggs fertilize, so maybe these are very high quality and I will end up with 8 cell, Grade A embryos for transfer.

Now, I wait for the ET on Monday. A nurse is supposed to call me with a time.

No comments: