9/03/2007

ET - better than I thought

Here's my ET story: My mother gave me a necklace to wear that contained items from my uncle (he died a while ago), my great grandmother's wedding ring, and I wore a ring that was my grandmothers. Today was the day that my dear grandmother died 9 yrs ago. So many "death' reminders when I am trying to start a new life.

I didn't listen to the nurses and I peed when I got to the office, because I know my bladder fills quickly. When they checked my bladder, It was so full that they had me empty 1/2 cup. I felt more comfortable for this procedure because my bladder wasn't killing me. After the procedure, I had to hang around on my back for 40 minutes. I was trying not to use the bedpan, but couldn't make it - it is very messy, but at least the nurse left me alone for the deed.

I had a different RE do the procedure, but I liked her. The embryo news was pretty good:
8 cell 4
8 cell 4-
8 cell 4-
7 cell 3+

I was really afraid that I would only have 1 or 2 to implant. The doc reminded me that even though the embryos looks great, they could still have genetic problems. The embryologist told me that she was very happy with the embryo quality.

So, I am sitting and baking and hope that I can get 1 to implant and grow.

No comments: