3/02/2008

Count Down

Another dildo cam day with a shot in the ass and a stick in each arm. Dutifully, I always appear at my RE's office early. Yesterday, I was in the office at the scheduled time of my Repronex IM shot, so I had the nurse give me the shot. Unfortunately, for me, she was from a different department and not too skilled at IM shots. I could tell she was nervous and very upset when she caused me a great deal of pain. It is 30 hrs later, and I am still limping.

Back to today - the good news is that I have too many follicles to print on one page. The bad news is that I only print page 2 of 2 when I do my sneak printing. I was told that my right side has 4 follicles plus 5 small ones. My left side is as follows (avg in cm):
  • L1: 1.39
  • L2: 1.42
  • L3: 1.83
  • L4: 0.91
  • L5: 1.00
Tomorrow, I may try to hit page-up and print the first page. Then, I will need to hit page-down to leave the screen as the tech left it.

Each time I give blood, the tech likes to use my right arm. Today, I was impressed when the Phlebotomist went for the left side. My admiration quickly dissipated when she couldn't get blood and moved the needle around (which hurt and left me sore). She gave up and went to the right arm where there weren't any problems.

It looks like ER will be 3/5 and ET 3/8. My biggest problem is getting a ride. I have no friends (no one that knows what I am doing and can take time off of work). Most likely, I will share my nieces' nanny.

"One follicle looks like it has arrested its development" that was uttered by my nurse, has caused me great concern. I wonder if all of my follicles contain rotted eggs and they will all arrest in development. I think back to my previous 3 IVFs and how I had no embryos to freeze. I feel that even if I had some to freeze, they probably wouldn't thaw. So, I am old and have rotted eggs. I'm almost 44 yrs old. Does this even make sense to try? I beat the odds with my oral implant failing (less than 5%), can I beat the odds with this baby quest?

I took this pic a few days ago - all bloated from stimming (I've gained 8 pounds).
The black and blues are where I hit veins while doing sub-q shots. Maybe I should draw a map of my abdominal veins so I know where to avoid sticking myself.

No comments: